Can I go to the park?
Yes. It’s important to exercise and stay active and exercise, not only to for physical fitness, but also for your mental and emotional wellbeing. Many parks are open and you can walk, ride, or run on the trails. It’s a great way to get out and safely connect with others but be careful and take precautions.
- Visit parks that are nearby. There’s no reason to take additional risks required by traveling longer distances, including accessing public spaces, gas stations, and bathrooms
- Prepare before you go: make sure the park is open and allowing visitors, and what facilities and restrictions are currently in place.
- Continue to practice social distancing, staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from others not in your household, and avoid touching surfaces. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching anything and avoid using any public water fountains.
- If you have your dog with you, keep the dog on leash and avoid risking contact with others, including other dogs or people.
- Don’t go to public parks or areas if you’re sick or have been recently exposed to Covid 19.
- Don’t visit when the parks are crowded.
- Don’t use the playgrounds or exercise equipment.
- Don’t take part in organized sports, especially those that require close contact or sharing of equipment (such as tennis, where the ball is touched by all players)